Google women TechMakers is excited to announce a partnership with Udacity to offer a women TechMakers Udacity Scholarship. This initiative will offer 100 full scholarships for technical certification courses to women in the women TechMakers community. Women TechMakers is Google’s global program and brand for women in technology.It was originally promulgated in 2012 by the then VP of Google Megan smith. The Movement/organization is now led by Women in Technology Advocate Natalie Villalobos and a global Team of Googlers who are drive and passionate about empowering women in Technology through increased visibility, community and resources.
Over the past Three years, the women TechMakers team has convened over 200 global events across 52 countries to drive visibility, community and resources for women in technology. This has mostly been done in honor of the International Women’s day(IWD). Google is always developing new ways to increase professional ,educational opportunities and provide high value technical resources to women around the world.
- The scholarship will provide women around the world with free access to one of Udacity’s Google-Certified online Front End Web Development, Android Basics, Android Developer, or Fullstack Development Nanodegree Courses for one year.
Benefits of the scholarship
- Receive a fully-funded scholarship for one year to build your technical kills through one of these Google-co-created Udacity Nanodgerees. i.e front-end Web Development. Android Basics. Android Developer, or Fullstack Development.
- Participate in a global community of women in technology through your specialized Nanodegree cohort hosted by women TechMakers.
- Meet Googlers, experts and mentors through a global slack Team and Course Forums;
- Nanodegree graduates will receive career coaching and interview tips from Google and their partners.
- The graduates will also receive career coaching and interview tips from google and their partners. Organizers will also share public speaking pro-tips and offer to share your Unique story and Project across the women Techmakers Platforms.
To be considered for the Women Techmakers Udacity scholarship, successful applicants must:
- identify as Female
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time the application is submitted;
- Have fluency or near fluency in English
- Commit to finishing the nanodegree program within one year;
- Meet Udacity’s technology requirements
For those interested in applying, you are required to complete this Online application .
For more information regarding the same visit the man pain at Women Techmakers Udacity Scholarship Program.